A Harley Street-based lower limb and trauma specialist offering expert assessment and treatment for conditions affecting the foot and ankle, including sports injuries, fractures, arthritis and bunions.
Mr Nima Heidari qualified in medicine from St George's Hospital in London and underwent orthopaedic and trauma training on the prestigious Royal London rotation. With extensive fellowship training at leading centres in Europe, Canada and the USA, his NHS practice is at St Bartholomew's and Royal London Hospital.
Read more about Mr Heidari's training and experience.
Foot and ankle surgery in Harley Street
As part of the professional multi-disciplinary team of surgeons, sports medicine consultants and physiotherapists at The London Sports Injury Clinic, Mr Heidari offers accurate diagnosis and expert treatment for the full range of conditions affecting the foot and ankle using the latest arthroscopic, minimally invasive and reconstructive techniques. His special interests include:
- Sports injuries of the foot and ankle
- Arthritis of the ankle, foot and great toe
- Bunion correction
- Complex foot and ankle fractures and trauma
- Morton's neuroma
- Flat foot (Pes Planus) and high arch (Pes Cavus) in adults
A regular contributor to the academic literature, Mr Heidari was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Science with distinction from University College London (UCL) for his research into stem cells and tissue engineering.
His areas of research include:
- The use of stem cells in bone healing
- Techniques of minimally invasive fracture fixation
- The effect of infection on skeletal tissues and bone healing
- Bone biology and fracture healing